In Home Care - Metro
YMCA WA In Home Care is a unique, flexible form of child care where the care of your children is provided in the safety and comfort of the child’s own home by an approved Educator. In Home Care is an excellent option when main stream child care services do not meet the individual family’s needs or is not accessible at all. To be eligible to access In Home Care, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- The child has or lives with another child who has an illness or disability.
- The child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) has an illness or disability that affects their ability to care for the child.
- The child lives in a rural or remote area.
- The work hours of the child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) are hours when no other approved child care service is available.
- The child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) is caring for three or more children who have not yet started school, not including kindy.
In Home Care gives families the advantage of the children being able to remain in familiar surroundings, with siblings and familiar routines. Educators can ensure your children are able to continue to be involved with activities such as sporting commitments after school. YMCA In Home Care has made a commitment to best practice for families and Educators, ensuring children have access to premium quality child care. Educators receive access to the latest information and support is offered by a range of qualified professionals.
In Home Care combats the isolation felt by families who would be otherwise unable to access quality child care. In Home Care allows families to access Centrelink Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate. Download the Centrelink Fee Assistance Information below to find out more.
Become an In Home Care Educator
Find your local In Home Care Educator
Details of current registered Metro In Home Care Educators are below. To make a new application for In Home Care, please contact the YMCA WA Family Resource Centre:
YMCA Family Resource Centre
Busselton Community Resource Centre
Unit 3/21 Cammilleri Street
PO Box 1201
Busselton WA 6280
P: 9752 4033
*None at present - please contact us to make a new application for In Home Care, or to become an In Home Care Educator.